Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blog #12: Service Learning

1. I was working at the Silverado Senior Home, but the person I was working with (Linda) is no longer working there.

2. You can call the Silverado Senior Home. The phone number is (626) 812-9777. I don't know who you can talk to since Linda left, but another person who has been helping me with my hours is Dottie, who recruits the volunteers so you can ask for her.

3. I helped in the kitchen, she taught me how to bake cookies and she was explaining why we need certain ingredients and what was in them. I also watched her staff cook dinner for the residents. There would be a variety of different diets because some had to have their food cut up into pieces, some would have to be mashed, and some could be normal. I also learned how to cook while working with the senior citizens.

4. I believe I have more than 10 hours as of now, but I will verify exactly when I get my paper signed. This is because recently, my service learning person doesn't work there anymore, and I didn't know anything until I called in to tell her I was going to come in that day.

EXTRA: For my service learning I am going to call and visit Weight Watchers, or maybe another hospital. I am hoping to work in Kaiser with the nutrition lady through Ogden.

No comments:

Post a Comment