Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog #13: Answer 1

1. Answer one to my essential question is to education yourself. I feel like nothing can be done to about changing a diet without having any education on what is healthy and what isn't. This is the first step to forming a healthy diet. I feel like it is essential to learn about nutrition labels and what kind of advertisements are lies.

2. Foods with false advertisements, like when it exaggerates the fact that there is fiber so they put "high in fiber!" on their box, even though it's not completely true. My book also tells me that not everything in nutrition labels are completely true.

3. Two books I find really helpful are "What are you Really Eating?" by Amanda Ursell and "Eating for Life" by Bill Phillips. I also want to read "The China Study" I read an interview with the author and found that this book would contain a lot of information I still need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment