Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blog #25: Helping 2013

Who did you interview: Andy
What day and time: 3/24 12:38p.m.

1. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why? 
  • His first choice is something with engineering and his back-ups are computer engineer, piano, and something with fashion (because he might have service learning here)
  • I told him he really needs to find service learning for engineering right away because it is hard, especially if he might need more hours for independent component and piano is a really good back up since he is already doing private lessons. I pointed out that it would be better for him to do engineering if he wanted that to be his future career though because he could take advantage of his senior project to see what it is like to be an engineer and possibly form connections. 
2. What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning?
  • He doesn't have service learning yet, but he is emailing engineers and trying to get someone. If it doesn't work out he is just going to do piano.
  • I told him that my mom might know an engineer or a program he may intern with because I think she sent my brother to do something like that in the summer, so I would ask her and I could send him the contact information. I also know a civil engineer who went to Cal Poly so I will ask him to see if I could give Andy his contact information. 
3. What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?
  • He is interested in learning about the different careers and seeing what they do.
  • I told him yeah a lot of people chose future careers, but a lot of us also chose hobbies because of many different reasons. I also told him that some who chose future careers realized that they did not want that to be their job anymore.
4. What questions do they have about their senior project?
  • He said he didn't have any other questions as of right now
  • I gave him my phone number so he could text me if he had anymore question. I told him to try really hard to get engineering because it will be really useful if he wants that to be his future career. I also told him about what the teachers expects and how they grade and what is really important to do in senior project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment